Newton Law Firm has a long history and commitment to working with victims of domestic violence. As a prosecutors, Mark has been trained in the complicated dynamics of relationships and violence.
If you are a victim of domestic abuse we can help you by sensitively and expertly taking action to keep you and your family safe. We know that “leaving” is often complicated and dangerous. We will draw upon our expertise, experience, and our connections to resources in the community to help you find freedom and safety.
It should be noted that abuse can take several forms other than physical violence. Many of our clients are subjected to verbal and/or financial abuse by their partners. At Newton Law Firm we are well trained to handle all of these areas of abuse and will stand with you and work to position you for a safe and independent future.
At Newton Law Firm we can help you with the following:
- Getting a Civil Protection Order;
- Develop safety plans in case of an emergency;
- Filing a Temporary Restraining Order to protect your assets;
- Emergency Hearings to protect your assets;
- Filing police reports and preparing evidence for criminal proceedings;
- Connecting with domestic violence resources in the community;
- Financial planning to relieve financial pressure from abusive spouse.